Friday, May 15, 2009

My DIY Kinky Twists 2nd Time Around




This is my second time doing my own kinky twists. I am doing my own challenge to go at least a month with a protective style. I made my own glycerin mix and I will still use my Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries love that stuff. I know I will not wash these a lot maybe every 2 weeks because im not a professional twister yet and I do not want them to slip out so I will use seabreeze to cleanse my scalp. It took 3 days to complete although I couldve done them in a day but with 2 small kids that wouldve been impossible. The hair that I used was Nafy Kinky Twist. I love that hair is so lightweight and twist great. My last set of kinky twist I did I got a blister on my finger from twisting I guess it was from the hair feeling so rough. So far I am loving them and proud of myself because I save myself $200. If I can do it anyone can. My next project is micros. I kinda want to hide my hair and watch it grow in protective styles but then another part of me want to wear the wash and goes for the summer. I will see how this goes first and in between my hair resting period I may do the wash and goes. I love convenience and this is what I call convenience. I want to get some nubian twists next but I have to see how those are done first the good thing about that hair is that you do not have to dip in hot water it gives more of a natural look. I would like to hear what you ladies are doing for the summer with your hair?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job! i whish I knew how to do hair because I have had some horror stories with kinky twist being too tight. I just have to find some other styles to do during my transition. But your hair looks AWESOME HHG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just doing wash and go...I love my TWA and keep getting compliments daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO I AM NEW TO THE MY BLOG LOG COMMUNITY ON YAHOO AND I CAME ACROSS YOUR PAGE. I WAS WANTING TO ADD U AS A FRIEND ON MY BLOG LOG BUT SEEM TO BE HAVING SOME TROUBLE HOPE WE CAN BECOME GOOD FRIENDS. HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN NATRUAL? I JUST RECENTLY STARTED BACK GOING NATURAL ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO I WILL BE 4 MONTHS POST RELAXER COME JUNE OF THIS YEAR. BUT I REALLY LIKE YOUR KINKY TWIST I JUST GOT KINKY TWIST THIS PAST WEEKEND. I TRIED TO LEARN HOW TO DO THE STYLE BUT I CAN'T BRAID SO I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LEARNING HOW TO DO THAT. I HAVE SO MUCH NEW GROWTH IT'S CRAZY BUT I AM LEARNING TO MANAGE BOTH TEXTURES I AM TRANSITIONING AND IT IS NOT EASY. BUT I HOPE TO TALK TO U SOON. GOD BLESS,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. Also, the blog loads super quick for me on Opera. Excellent Blog! Read Full Article

    ReplyDelete